Description:A Leading hospitality business in Uganda,recognized by the URA among the top SME’s is seeking to hire a Human ResourceManager. The business operates a safari lodge in Queen Elizabeth National GamePark, and a chain of high end restaurants in Kampala. It has receivedinternational recognition from accredited bodies with very good trip advisoryratings.
The Human resource manager shall plan,direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. Willoversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with topexecutives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’smanagement and its employees
· Providingpragmatic and consistence guidance and advice to managers on grievance,attendance, disciplinary and performance issues.
· Raisingproactive issues with managers, identifying practical solutions to complex anddiverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
· Compilingand managing case management documentation.
· Briefingnew managers on the policies and procedures of the organization, providingcoaching to managers on difficult and complex issues.
· Liaisingwith management and Finance teams on salary levels of existing and prospectivestaff consistent with organization market conditions and policies.
· Ensuringthe maintenance and updating of pay roll data.
· Reviewingand revising the HR policy in compliance with the changing or new legislation.
· Developingpersonnel policies, maintaining and updating policy manuals as well as employeehandbooks as it may be necessary.
· Overseeingthe adaptation of existing and new employees to the company code of conduct.
· Conductingnew employee orientation programs alongside other educational and trainingprograms on changes in benefits, diversity and other staff continuous professionalbuilding programs.
· Developingand maintaining collaborative working relationships amongst the departments andemployees.
· Administeringand keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up to date.
Qualifications and Experience
Deadlineof application is 28th January 2020.