A Leading hospitality business in Uganda,recognized by the URA among the top SME’s is seeking to hire a FinancialAccountant. The business operates a safari lodge in Queen Elizabeth NationalGame Park, and a chain of high end restaurants in Kampala. It has receivedinternational recognition from accredited bodies with very good trip advisoryratings.
The FinancialAccountant shall Support in financial decision-making information bycollecting, analyzing, investigating, and reporting financial data to the headof the Finance Department.
· Manage all financialaccounting activities for business operations.
· Develop financialstatements for payroll processing, account reconciliations, accountreceivables, account payables, revenue, expenditure, etc.
· Determine accountingerrors or discrepancies and suggest necessary corrective action.
· Maintain accurateaccounting records for future references.
· Help other departmentin financial analysis and accounting tasks.
· Assist in accountreceivables and payables activities.
· Respond to accountingrelated questions and inquiries from employees.
· Ensure financialrecords comply with company policies and accounting principles.
· Perform month endclosing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expenseaccounting, etc.
· Prepare financereports required for team meetings or as requested by management and customers.
· Prepare and submitfinancial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
· Review all financialreports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Support preparation ofannual budget, forecast and projections.
· Assist in preparingnecessary documentations for annual financial audits.
· Bachelor’s degree inAccountancy, Finance or related field.
· Professionalaccounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA.
· Minimum of 3 yearsworking experience in the accounting field.
Deadline forapplication is 28th January 2020.