A Leading hospitality business in Uganda,recognized by the URA among the top SME’s is seeking to hire a Cost Controller.The business operates a safari lodge in Queen Elizabeth National Game Park, anda chain of high end restaurants in Kampala. It has received internationalrecognition from accredited bodies with very good trip advisory ratings.
To ensure that the smooth and effectiverunning of day to day goods receiving and stores operations, assist the foodand beverage department to achieve budgeted food and beverage costs andcontribution margins through analysis and recommendations based on products,sales reports and menu engineering using the information management module.
· Ensuringeffective inventory control measures (system) using the existing managementinformation system in order to maximize inventory management and recordsaccuracy.
· Developingthe company′s inventory management strategy with the aim of reducing cost ofsales, material wastage and pilferage.
· Advisingmanagement on timely menu reengineering and item contributions margins.
· DevelopingSOPs for stores i.e. receiving, storing and issuing.
· Establishingminimum and maximum stock levels
· Ensuringthat internal requisitions are approved by heads of sections.
· Ensuringthat invoice received match with the items that are supplied
· Trainingof the user departments in inventory management
· Feedingof all the transfers in the system
· Printingof goods received notes with the correct amount on invoices with the quantitiesreceived
Qualifications & Experiences;
· Should have a degree in accounting and at least two yearsprevious experiences within a hotel environment.
· Excellent verbal and written English communicationskills, a sound knowledge of F&B cost controlling and computer literacy isa must.
· Knowledge of Quick Books or Tally (or any other system)and Micros is needed
Deadlineof application is 28th January 2020.