A leading manufacturing and food processing entity in Uganda is
seeking to hire an IT Administrator reporting to the Finance Manager.
The primary role of IT Administrators is to oversee and maintain all
aspects of a company's computer infrastructure. This includes
maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems
• Manage all electronic equipment
• Install networks and computer systems
• Maintain, repair and upgrade the operating system including hardware and software as and when required
• Monitor the performance of existing computer systems and IT infrastructure
• Assess present network servers, operating systems and security layers
• Upgrade hardware and software programs as appropriate
• Install and implement effective security systems
• Perform data backup and recovery processes
• Resolve issues with systems and programs
• Investigate, diagnose network problems and provide solutions
• Collect and analyze IT usage statistics.
• Provide recommendations for improvement of the organization’s IT systems.
• Configure and install IT solutions.
• Assist co-workers with daily IT needs.
• Set up new users and manage security, passwords and backup.
• Monitor the Internet and email usage of company employees.
• Provide 1st line technical support via telephone, e-mail and face to face interaction for desktops, laptops, printers and any other ICT equipment.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of documentation relating to the Company’s ICT systems
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
• Recommend solutions by defining infrastructure and functional capabilities, security, and recovery specs working with vendors where necessary.
• Telecom administration and user creation/deletion/modification where required.
• Ensure implementation of ICT Policies and IT Standard Operating Procedures.
• Install, modify, service and repair computer hardware and software were possible
• Develop user training manuals
• Any other duties assigned
Qualifications and Competences
• A Degree in IT, Computer Science or any related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience as an IT administrator in a busy environment
• Excellent problems solving skills
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding knowledge of IT systems.
• Experience in installation of IT hardware and software.
• Good organization and time management skills.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 23 October 2019 5.00pm