The client is anintegrated professional consultancy specializing in procurement and logistics withinUganda.
Salary: UGX 1,300,000
As the Accountant, yourrole is to:
a) to complete payments and control expenses byreceiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
b) Highlight the day-to-day management of allpayment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital accountentries by compiling and analyzing account information
· Documents financial transactions by enteringaccount information
· Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchaseorders, invoices, statements, etc.
· Reconciling processed work by verifying entriesand comparing system reports to balances
· Maintaining historical records
· Paying employees by verifying expense reportsand preparing pay checks
· Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks andensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
· Generally responding to all vendor enquiriesregarding finance
· Preparing analyses of accounts and producingmonthly reports
· Continuing to improve the payment process
· Summarize current financial status by collectinginformation
· Preparing balance sheet, profit and lossstatement, and other reports
· Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing accountinformation
· Secure financial information by completing database backups
· Maintain financial security by followinginternal controls
· Prepare payments by verifying documentation, andrequesting disbursements.
· Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizingaccount information and trends
· Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financialinformation confidential
· Perform other duties as required by the employerfrom time to time.
· Inventory management
ü Bachelor’s Degree inappropriate field of study or equivalent work experience in a commercialenvironment and/or the government sector.
ü Part CPA OR ACCA
Required Skills andCompetences
ü General Math Skills andaptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
ü Excellent timemanagement skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
ü Accuracy and attentionto detail
ü Problem Analysis andProblem-Solving Skills
ü Excellent written andverbal communication skills
ü Strong organizationaland planning skills in a fast-paced environment
ü A creative mind with anability to suggest improvements
ü Good inter-personalskills
ü Ability to workindependently with limited supervision
Minimum Experience andTraining:
ü 3 years’ experience asan Accountant or Accounts Payable
ü Intermediateunderstanding of accounting and reporting standards
Deadline is Friday, 24th May, 2019.