The company is an established organization in the Manufacturing industry here in Uganda, with operations in Kenya and Zambia.
Job Title: Head of Business Kenya/ Uganda (HoB-Kenya)
Duty station: Kampala, Uganda with frequent field visits
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Oversees Business strategy development and execution mechanisms for all Sales and Marketing in the Kenya Market.
1) Develop the overall sales and distribution strategy, plans, budgets and tactical sales programmes to achieve Company targets;
2) Formulate systems, processes and procedures in consultation with other stakeholders to monitor and drive sales and distribution targets across the business;
3) Responsible for gathering, analyzing / evaluating all information regarding competition for business decisions;
4) Manage all trade facilitation activities of the business including but not limited to trade discounts, commissions on sales etc;
5) Manage all budgets and expenditures based on key priorities;
6) Manage all analyses and evaluations for effective sales, cost management and general distribution approaches;
7) Manage major and critical developing clients’ accounts and coordinate the management of all key accounts;
8) Responsible for the appointment of all distribution agents and monitoring their performance;
9) Responsible for ensuring a clean sales list (no bad debts) and proper collection procedures for the Company;
10) Manage all trading terms and price management procedures for the Company; and
11) Responsible for the administrative and team performance functions for the Sales and Distribution Directorate.
12) Oversee the development and implementation of all marketing strategies, policies and procedures for MPL;
13) Direct and oversee that Company marketing function to identify and develop new customers for all Company products;
14) Plan and coordinate all public affairs and communication efforts including public relations and community outreaches;
15) Responsible for conducting research and develop strategies and plan to identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing and new projects;
16) To manage the corporate issues of the Company though proper implementation of the Communication and Marketing strategy; and
17) Develop and manage media partnership particularly radios, print media, TVs to promote the image of the Company.
Note: The JD is only a summary of the typical function of the job, not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Other duties assigned shall be part of the job.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills: