TAX CONSULTING MANAGER
Our client is a global auditing and assurance firm with offices in Uganda, seeking to hire a reliable and proactive Tax manager. The role reports to the Director and is under the Tax department.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the execution of the tax engagements and leading the team. The Tax Manager reports to the Director. In addition, the Tax Manager will assist the Director to prepare the necessary training material, in business development and support on administrative matters.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Keeping abreast of changes in tax legislation including developments in global and regional taxation, double tax agreements, transfer pricing and related tax issues.
2. Carrying out tasks which include:
o Checking for any conflict on GRT at the proposal stage and before the firm accepts any engagements and ensuring GRT is updated where required.
o Overseeing engagements to provide tax opinions to clients and overall handling engagements in areas of direct and indirect taxation including but not limited to income tax, transfer pricing, value added tax, customs and excise.
o Overseeing tax structuring engagements.
o Overseeing the handling of tax audits and investigations, and objections and appeals arising therefrom.
o Overseeing the team undertaking tax due diligence and tax health check engagements.
o Following up with the revenue authority on client issues including clients’ tax status.
3. Performing administrative tasks (client delivery, billing and collection, productivity, staff mix etc.) to ensure the tax portfolio maintained is efficiently managed.
4. Maintaining the job planning schedule, scheduling staff to engagements and updating this on a weekly basis and ensuring that staff are supervised and occupied.
5. Maintaining the work-in-progress register for all engagements and reviewing this on a weekly basis with the Director.
6. Training and developing the skills of staff in the department, including preparing training material.
7. Developing tax publications/bulletins/newsletters and organizing client seminars.
8. Carrying out administrative duties and any other tasks as may be delegated from time-to-time.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
A business degree
Qualified Accountant, CPA or ACCA
Atleast 3 years in a Supervisory role as a Tax Consultant